Implementation of the F-gas regulation (EU) 517/2014 in practice
The current (EU) Regulation 517/2014 on fluorinated greenhouse gases [external] is binding and directly applicable in all EU Member States. It contains extended obligations which are relevant for switchgear manufacturers, maintenance companies and facility operators alike. The regulation still aims at the prevention of emissions.
The DILO delivery programme comprises products and services which support you in effectively implementing the current directive.
Some of the articles of the new directive relevant for SF6 gas handling in electrical switchgear have been selected as examples here.
- Article 3: Detected leaks must be immediately repaired
- Article 4: Leakage testing
- Article 5: Leak detection systems are mandatory only for high-voltage switchgear
- Article 10: Training and certification for persons handling SF6
- Article 19: Reporting obligation for manufacturers to the European Commission
Source: EU F-gas regulation 517/2014 and "Explanations regarding the new F-gas regulation" of the ZVEI (January 2017).
We do not assume any liability for the correctness of the information.